I’ve been driving for Uber since June of 2017. I love it. Sign up to drive for Uber using this link, and I’ll get a $100 bonus after you’ve made 30 trips! Mahalo (thank you). – Jim Carey
My Uber code: https://partners.uber.com/i/jimc16499ue
The basic requirements to drive for Uber is a 2002 or newer car, insurance, and a background check going back seven years. No car? No problem. Uber will rent or lease one to you.
Uber background check and driving record check criteria – 7 years
- A minimum of 1 year U.S. licensing history (if under 23 years old, must have at least 3 years licensing history).
- A clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with no more than 3 incidents in the past 3 years.
- No DUIs and no reckless driving.
- California Uber drivers must not have a DUI in the last 10 years.
- A clean criminal background check with no felonies or misdemeanors involving theft, violence or drugs.
- Starting November 2016, Uber is allowing some non-violent felons to become drivers.
- No speeding violations for driving 20 mph or greater over the speed limit in the past 3 years.
- Uber does not perform a credit check.
I was accepted as an Uber driver 36 hours after I submitted my application.
There are some photos that the Uber application process asks you for. You can take these photos as you’re filling out the application, but it’ll be easier if you have them ready to upload:
- Your driver’s license
- Your car’s registration
- Your proof of insurance
- Your vehicle inspection sticker, if your State has one
It’s a free, simple, quick process to apply to be an Uber driver.
Apply using this link and I’ll greatly appreciate it: